Asset Protection Guarantee
Working with you to guard against unauthorized activity
The Asset Protection Guarantee
If you lose cash or securities from your account due to unauthorized activity, we'll reimburse you for the cash or shares of securities you lost. We're promising you this protection, which adds to the provisions that already govern your account, if unauthorized activity ever occurs and we determine it was through no fault of your own. Unauthorized activity does not include actions or transactions undertaken by or at the request of you, your investment advisors or family members, or anyone else whom you have allowed access to your account or to your account information for any purpose, such as trading securities or making withdrawals or transfers.
We promise this protection if you work with us in five ways:
- Keep your personal identifying information and account information secure and confidential because sharing your password, PIN, secret question answers, authentication codes or other standard means of authentication with Other people means you authorize them to take action in your account. Likewise, where you use tools like fingerprint, facial recognition, or voiceprint recognition technologies, persons whose biometric features have been registered to work to unlock access to such technologies will be considered authorized to take action in your account.
- Use the standard security features we require for access to your account as they change over time, including using multi-factor authentication. Additionally, you must use security features in the manner in which they are intended, such as unique and reasonably secure passwords, and not attempting to circumvent access and detective controls we have in place to protect accounts.
- Keep your contact information, including your email address and phone number, up-to-date with us, so that we can contact you in case of suspected fraud.
- Review your account frequently and your statements promptly and report any suspicious or unauthorized activity to us immediately.
- Take the actions we request if your account is ever compromised and cooperate with our investigation.
Where other companies or person have an obligation to reimburse the assets to you, we may offset reimbursements by amounts they owe or request that you assign your rights to receive compensation from that party to us. Finally, protection may not be available in the event of acts of God, acts of war or terrorism, or other activities of nation-states.